Thursday, February 26, 2009

BIRTH CONTROL

So today I went to the doctor and got an RX for birth control. Im exited and scared at the same time. Anyone who knows me knows that I have suffered for YEARS of horrific menstrual cramps. Ok maybe not everyone knows that. But its true, I do, and its horrible. Well Ive always known that birth control can ease mentrual pain, but for the past 3 and 1/2 years I have been trying to get pregnant, so of course I couldnt start taking it or Id surely never get pregnant. So a couple years ago my doc gave me an RX for Vicodin to help with the pain, which have I mentioned is so bad that it causes me to throw up? Yes, EVERY month! But usually the Vicodin doesnt even put a dent in the pain. So you could say I have pretty much had it up to HERE with being sick every month, having to miss work and being miserable. So Im going to go on birth control for 2 reasons: To give me a break from the pain and sickness, and to help me to get pregnant. Which Im hoping will happen when I stop taking the med. Ive heard stories of people getting pregnant quickly after getting off birth control. I hope to have the same results. Oh and the reason I mentioned I was scared to go on it is cause what if next month is the magical month but I ruin it cause I'll be on birth control.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think there's a magical month, abstinence is the only sure way NOT to get pregnant, nothing else is going to surely keep from it. Just remember it's all on God's clock. ;) Well for now I hope your pain is better on it. I always had it a bit worse through the birth control, but for some crazy reason I got a RX for it after Treston turned 1 and stopped nursing, oh yeah I wanted to have periods so I could better calculate when to plan the next one...and possibly try for a girl (not sure I'm totally willing to have a girl)? Anyway I did the pill and stopped taking it mid June. Got prego-Had a miscarriage which was planned, but strangely a relief-God works in mysterious ways for sure! Now I'm just picking & choosing months Avoiding March, May, sept-dec. I really like having winter babies, much easier on a fat pregnant woman to be big when it's cold outside! Anyway, nice little rampage, I hope you feel better and hope you finally get prego!

Jonny and Brittany said...

Good luck with it girl!!!! I get off my birth control in two weeks!!! I loved being on it!! I have some news about all of that so we will have to chat on bowling night...talk to you soon girlie!!

Katt said...

Im sorry to hear about everything you & Mister Jones have had to go through with getting pregnant. I promise if you want a baby I would give you one any day! If next month is the Magical Month you will get pregnant on birth control or not. I love you and I know how bad those periods are for you!